• To provide higher education for the disadvantaged groups who are denied access to higher education.
• To provide equal opportunity to all the students to avail themselves of the educational facilities and participate in socio-economic growth of the area.
• To encourage and promote moral, secular, scientific and nation building values so that the students should respect, protect and nurture the rich composite culture of the country and to teach of its constituent units.
• Exposing the students to academic knowledge which would enhance their self-confidence, self-judgement and social mobility.
• To create awareness, concern and care for environment by gearing various collegiate activities and sustainable environmental practices encompassing the state’s land, water, flora and fauna.